04 October 2010

love in a box.

a big box was waiting for me when i got home from work one night last week. 

actually, a slip of paper announcing a failed delivery attempt was waiting for me. one trip to the west village, two subway rides, one long line, one lost box, one guy named smitty, and one found box later, i held in my hands a whole lot of love.

whitney packed the box full of treats: gnocchi (one of my favorite whitney meals), benne wafers from the charleston farmer's market,  heels and mail from my charleston apartment, a surprise owl bank (which now houses my laundry quarters), and a love note.

it doesn't get much better than that.

unless two familiar little boys are packed in there, too.

maybe next time...

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo sweet!

    And I have all my packages delivered to my office now, because of the many failed delivery attempts we experienced the first little while living here.

    ReplyDelete